If you've registered on race-nation.co.uk before, sign in here
8:40 hrs - 1st Team Registers for 9:00 hrs Start
Subsequent Teams Register every 20 Minutes
14:40 hrs – 17th Last Team Registers for 15:00 hrs Start
Every Team has to complete 5 Challenges within 2 hours (Each Challenge is limited from 10 to 20 minutes)
1) Communication Challenge: Communicate through different means to complete task, requiring thinking differently under a time constraint.
2) Teamwork Challenge: Collaborate to complete an obstacle course whilst supporting each other – this will be a timed event.
3) Command Challenge: Work collectively to complete the task, requiring teamwork, command, control and shared goal for success.
4) Fitness Challenge: Military fitness style event involving carrying, supporting and motivating each other to complete the challenge.
5) Skills Challenge: Final task requiring individual skill and teamwork to complete, within a timed environment to heighten the pressure.
17:00 hrs – Prize-Giving Gurkha Trophies (photo bottom right) to be held for one year awarded to: 1) Top Team, 2) Top Fundraising Team, 3) Top Fitness Team
17: 30 hrs – Event Close
The Gurkha Welfare Trust Jersey (GWTJ) Pentathlon Challenge will be the first of its kind in Jersey, challenging Teams of six individuals over five military style tasks. The Pentathlon Challenge will test communication skills, leadership, teamwork, fitness and skills. The revenue and charitable donations from this event will be used for funding developing schools in Nepal providing children with education facilities, building Community Centres, and providing local water and sanitation projects in Gurkha villages. This event will raise awareness and support for GWTJ’s work in partnership with Jersey Overseas Aid Commission (JOA).