If you've registered on race-nation.co.uk before, sign in here
Before you enter True Grit Wetwheels Challenge
Important Entry / Race Information
- All age eligibility is on the day of the race – Sunday 18 October 2020. All Participants must be over the age of 18 years.
- All competitors must wear their race t-shirts, which will be handed out at Race Pack Collection the week before the race. Date and time will be shared
- Please read the T&Cs including our refund policy document, all can be found on the website.
- The course and distance are subject to the shape of the quarry in the build-up to the event.
- I understand that organisers may have to adapt the challenge to comply with the latest Government of Jersey guidelines regarding COVID-19.
True Grit Wetwheels Challenge sign up
Standard (Ages 18 - 87)
+ Admin fees £ 1.05
63 Tickets Remaining
Standard Entry (3 x Ages 18 - 87)
+ Admin fees £ 3.15
63 Tickets Remaining
Make A Donation
With the RaceNation app, you can view information about this event, browse for other events from Wetwheels, receive notices from the organiser, and more!
Find out more by clicking here, and download the App below:
About True Grit Wetwheels Challenge
TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE: SUNDAY 18 OCTOBER 2020
The True Grit Wetwheels Challenge is a 4.3KM running race with a difference.
The challenging course is set in a unique and stunning location, taking runners on a challenging adventure through the Ronez Quarry site on Jersey’s rugged North coast.
The physical but fun route involves tough terrain and challenging climbs, all whilst navigating around the gigantic Ronez machinery and equipment!
Set in one of Jersey’s most remarkable environments, runners will start their race in a series of waves at the top of the quarry, then make their way 28 metres below sea level to the pit before starting the climb back out. This tough course is made well worth it by the panoramic views over to the North coast of Jersey at the finish.
The pit is currently at 28 metres below sea level the team at Ronez Quarry may get as low at 36 metres below sea level by race day – the course may change with the quarry depth, so runners should be prepared for a maximum distance of 5KM with a total elevation of 130m!
Our challenge has been created to raise funds and awareness for the local charity, Wetwheels Jersey. Wetwheels Jersey provides the opportunity for all disabled people, including those with profound and complex disabilities, to access the sea in a safe, stimulating and rewarding way on board specially built, fully accessible powerboat.
Get your friends, family and colleagues involved in this challenging run to raise money for Wetwheels Jersey.