A 3.4km Fun Run - see the airport runway from a unique perspective!
Join the Ports of Jersey Race the Runway event!
This event is for supporters of Brighter Futures, who have purchased a ticket. Tickets are priced at £25 per entrant, in addition you are welcome to fundraise for, or make a donation to Brighter Futures.
Thursday 22 June Now Thursday 29 June (Provisional)
Time: Security and Runway Access Registration 20:00-20:50
On the runway: 21.30 (hopefully!)
Venue: Jersey Aero Club
Please ensure you bring PHOTOGRAPHIC ID, in the form of a passport or driving licence to comply with security regulations for the airfield. Sadly, if you forget your photographic ID, security will have no choice but to turn you away, so please please please remember to bring it with you.
If you are accompanying a young person under 16 who does not have a passport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance and Ports of Jersey will advise you of an alternative form of identification.
We do hope you will join us after your run for a free soft drink and little nibble in the Jersey Aero Club and to collect a Ports of Jersey medal!
Ports of Jersey are organising the online registration for this event so information emails will come from Leanne Bass, CSR Manager, email address is email@example.com .You can direct any queries to her also.
This event is using the RaceNation app.
With the RaceNation app, you can view information about this event, browse for other events from Ports of Jersey 2022, receive notices from the organiser, and more!
Find out more by clicking here
, and download the App below:
********Please note this event is now taking place Thursday 29 June**********
This revised date will be confirmed shortly, after the original date of Thursday 22nd June was postponed, due to operational needs at the airport. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you cannot attend the revised date please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a refund, or to donate your entry fees to Brighter Futures.
This event is for supporters of Brighter Futures, who have purchased a ticket.
Please register your entry via the tickets on this page.
Registration is £25, in addition you are welcome to fundraise for, or make a donation to Brighter Futures.
The small print:
- This is a running event. Unfortunately, we cannot allow scooters, skates, skateboards, bikes or other modes of transport on the runway on this occasion. Walkers can be accommodated, but if you are walking you do need to be able to cover the 3.4km distance in 40 minutes or less. Anyone with mobility or support needs is asked to get in touch with us via email@example.com and let us know. We will discuss with you how we can best support and ensure your access and participation in our event.
- One space is allocated for each adult ticket. For youth entries, aged 12 to 16, two places are needed: one for the young person and one for the accompanying adult - You will need to purchase one ticket of each type. You must run together at the same pace.
- Young people under 16 must be accompanied on the runway by an adult and be able to run the distance in a maximum of 40 minutes. All children must remain with their adult at all times. Young people aged 16-18 may run alone.
- All entrants will need photographic ID, in order to comply with aerodrome security regulations. ID must be presented at registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: in the event of an airport extension or ambulance flight, we reserve the right to delay entry to the runway slightly and participants will need to wait in the Aero Club. In the event of a poor weather forecast, a decision will be taken the day before and the event maybe postponed.
- Due to space restrictions unfortunately we cannot allow spectators in the Aero Club.
- A condition of entry is the consent of the ticket holder, on behalf of themselves and any minors accompanying them, to be filmed or photographed for reporting in the media or inclusion in the Ports of Jersey and charity partners publications, social media, website and recordings.
With very grateful thanks to the Airport Director for permitting this event and to the Ports of Jersey people from the Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Service, Group Technical Services, Passenger Services and Security who are giving up their time to help organise and make this happen as well as special thanks to the Aero Club for hosting the event.