If you've registered on race-nation.co.uk before, sign in here
Before you enter Universal Music Ride - Land's End to London - In Memory of Maria Thompson
Welcome to the registration page for the Universal Music Ride - Land's End to London 2018.
For more information on what is and isn't included, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Entry for this ride is covered by Universal Music, however, it's essential that all participants complete the registration form on the following page by clicking 'add' next to the 'General Entry' ticket below, then click 'checkout' in the top right.
Universal Music Ride - Land's End to London - In Memory of Maria Thompson sign up
We are very sorry, entry has now closed for this event.
About Universal Music Ride - Land's End to London - In Memory of Maria Thompson
The Universal Music Ride - Land's End to London - In Memory of Maria Thompson takes place over three and a half days, 630km and an amazing 7000m of climbing.
Riders will experience road cycling from an elite rider’s perspective, including a full crew including mechanical, massage therapy and medical support, motorcycle outriders, lead car as well as support staff, leaving you free to concentrate on turning the pedals and raising money for Club Peloton’s main grant recipients for this ride:
London's Air Ambulance Service who serve the 10 million people who live, work and travel within the M25 in the moments of their greatest need.
As many of you know Maria Thompson, the Head of Finance at Eagle Rock sadly died from a brain aneurysm whilst cycling home last September. The Air Ambulance was on the scene within moments and did everything they could to help her. She was a very keen cyclist and would have loved to have been part of this ride.
Playlist for Life, following a brilliant 12 months of fund-raising for the charity Nordoff Robbins, Universal Music selected Playlist for Life as its new charity partner for 2017/18. The charity teaches skills to help family members and care staff find the right music for people with dementia. As well as raising funds we are helping the charity in practical terms. The initial phase has been focused on advising the charity on the many technical and rights issues around making music available to people living with dementia. In addition, all staff have been given the chance to use their musical knowledge and curation expertise to create playlists that will be used to trigger memories and start conversations. They are being added to the Playlist for Life library to be used to help patients and carers up and down the country, making sure that there is either a playlist for everyone, or the content needed to create their own bespoke playlist.
- Friday 25th May - Travel by train at midday from London Paddington to Camborne.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Camborne.
- Saturday 26th May (early start) - Travel by coach down to Land's End where we'll have breakfast.
- Day 1 - Land's End to Liskeard
- Sunday 27th May
- Day 2 - Liskeard to Taunton
- Monday 28th May
- Day 3 - Taunton to Newbury
- Tuesday 29th May
- Day 4 - Newbury to London King's Cross
NB: We're due to arrive into London King's Cross at 14:00. You can take your bikes home OR these will be dropped back at Universal Music, High Street Kensington for collection.
What is included:
- Bike transport to Land's End. All bikes must be at:
- Universal Music, High Street Kensington, W14 8NS before Midday on Thursday 24th May.
NB: You can also drop one piece of luggage (max.15kg) with your bike. This will be your main piece of luggage leaving you with a rucksack (Max. 10kg, day bag) to bring on the train. We can't accept any more than 2 pieces of luggage on the event.
- Train tickets from London Paddington (midday) to Camborne on Friday 25th May
- Hotel accommodation for the period 25-28 May inclusive (B&B)
- Lunch for the period 26 - 29 May inclusive
- Dinner for the period 25 - 28 May inclusive
- Coffee, tea and refreshments whilst on the road
- Mechanical backup (labour only)
- Lead car, motorcycle outriders, paramedic and sports therapy support
- Holiday, Travel, Medical and Bike Insurance
- Mechanical spares
- Alcohol and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
You must also commit to raise an additional £1000 minimum in fundraising for Club Peloton whose grant recipients for this event are Playlist for Life & London's Air Ambulance.